04 August 2012

Pursuit of happiness #1


Happiness has always been my ultimate lifetime goal.
and I believe it comes not from amity (divergent fans here? anyone? raise your hands.. *waving up high*) or apathy or even thorough acceptance toward life and whatever comes. It comes with pursuit, and mine is only about to begin.

So here I am, 1 month from unemployment, finally realizing where I am. Now i’ll start rambling and scrambling about what I would, I should, and I can do. Start planning.

I have to fill at least 1 month of unemployment with something else. That is roughly 8 a.m. to 10 p.m (at least) times 30. 360 free hours per month.

The second most important part in this planning vaganza after ‘what’ is ‘when’. Having all the time in the world can be a curse. After that comes ‘how’ because no job would present itself unlest it is searched. My plan must include the answer to what, when and how.

The only fixed activity that I already have to fill my unemployment would be dance classes every afternoon, dance performance on September 29, a trip to Bali. Thus the second week will be spent for travelling to bali, and the third week will be spent for dancing only since a big performance is coming up on the 29th.

Being full time dancer require network, portfolio, and passing auditions. The only one I know  coming is on october. So, until October I’ll work on building a choreography portfolio. This should take about 3 hours a day. Also 1-2 hours of jogging and stretching in the morning.

Translation jobs need reputation. Reputation takes lots and lots of experience. I need to start build it. I haven’t figure out how much time this should take since I don’t know how to get the job.

Finding jobs at odesk.com would be easier if i’ve had recommendation, so if i want money I better start earning some recommendation (if not money) now. This, i figure should take 2 hours every 2 days starting from now until official resignation, and 4 hours a day afterwards.

Even the non-money making idea of taking cooking class require me enrolling in the cooking school that i’ve been eyeing for sometime now, or compiling recipe to try at home, both of which I also haven’t done. Perhaps this should take 2 hours every 2 days.

The only plan that doesn’t require me learning or doing anything new is only helping my friend’s wedding organizer, because i’ve done it a couple of times now. But I don’t like depending or hoping too much on it because at some points it feels like begging. This shall take 1-2 days of weekend in which I have no dance gig and some weekdays that I can spare.

So far this is my plan. Maney making is still vague but at least I have daily time allocation.
Next will be daily schedule per hours, then off to money making plan.

No comments: