26 February 2012

4 years ago, this day.

4 years ago I fell head over heels for you.
4 years ago, the life as I knew it, ended.

Before 4 years ago, I was a dreamer of love.
I dreamt of love as it's told in novels,
as it's acted out in movies,
as sung in songs, and as glorified in poems.

many times, crushes and adoration disappointed me.
more than n unrequited love, it is the lack of butterflies in my stomach that disappointed me.

but,
for the first time for me, love got out of hand. out of my imagination.
and that is 4 years ago.

I have known many feelings but this one.
a recognition, curiosity, retreat, adoration and then... decision.

a decision to love that came in a random heartbeat without prediction.
as if my heart suddenly realize that it has found what it looked for.
what it wanted, and still wants up until now.

it was a feeling so beautifully overwhelming,
that a dreamer like me was taken by surprise.
and then by fear.
the fear of losing it, of seeing it recede.

yet, we live it through to this day.
and this day, 4 years later, I looked back...
to your old pictures, to our old selves,
to how I used to look at you and adore you.

and to my biggest surprise,
those overwhelming feelings 4 years ago has grown into something beyond poetry, words, and imagination.

so profound that looking back, falling head over heels to you was only a beginning.
a beginning of a very wonderful journey.

somewhere along the way we promised each other to always go higher and higher.
and all along the way we made it happen.
and this is just another beginning.
beginning of our 5th year, and for many years to come.

and I wish to God we'll always know that our heart belongs together. because I swear it's you. :)

love,
me

No comments: